ITINERARY AT A GLANCE
Day 1. Welcome to Mombasa or picked from your hotel.
Mombasa International Airport
3 Hours Before Flight Time
Today you get to visit the best Marine Park in East and Central Africa.
Kisite Mpunguti Marine Park is located on the south coast off Shimoni and south of Wasini Island in Kwale District on the south Kenyan coast near the Tanzanian border.
The complex covers a marine area with four small islands surrounded by coral reef.
Kisite island is a small waterless coral island, 8 km offshore in the Marine Park. Coral platforms around the raised central portion are exposed at low tide.
A full tour with transport available from North, South Coast and Mombasa. On arrival:
• Board a spacious traditional dhow, soft drinks, light breakfast, fruit all snorkeling & diving gear on board the dhow.
• Visit Kisite Marine Park – branded as home of the dolphins! Fantastic snorkeling & scuba diving, sustainable, responsible dolphin watching – 90%+ dolphin success rate!
• Non-swimming guests can enjoy the underwater using glass bottomed viewers from the accompanying support dinghy.
• Dhow sailing – a tranquil step back in time.
• Lunch on Wasini Island at Charlie Claws – in ‘real’ Africa, steeped in peaceful tradition, ecologically aware & professional, enjoy an exotic lunch that includes: marinated fish and coconut biting, steamed crab in ginger sauce – the famous Charlie Claw’s speciality, fish fresh from the fisherman’s basket, for non – seafood – fresh traditional vegetable soup followed by barbecued chicken or Swahili vegetarian.
• All served in traditional style with Swahili sauce, rice & chapatti – a traditional Wasini Island celebration dish
• Dedicated team
• Lazy lagoon pool
• Honey moon headland hideaway
• Dive base deck & matted restaurants
• An afternoon program – laze in & around the pool or visit the interesting Wasini Village & as part of our community project support program.